These are what I brought home from the Indonesian food festival in Elmhurst, Queens. I randomly selected them, so I didn’t even know whether they are sweet or savory. I still don’t know what they are, so I can only tell you what they are like.
1. Sweet. It’s mochi of some sort. I liked it a lot. Maybe a combo of sweet rice and coconut?
2. Savory. It’s sort of like a croquette but wrapped in something before fried. Some creamy stuff inside with bits of vegetables. I liked it with that pepper. I bit off a little bit of it as I ate.
3. Sweet. Fried dough but not sure what kind of dough. I suspect rice.
4. Sweet. I have no idea what they are. They are sitting on a bed of coconut flakes.
5. Savory. Inside is ground meat—I think it’s lamb.
6. Savory. I think this is an Indonesian version of empanada. Even the filling is similar to the Latin American empanada, including hard-boiled egg. I’m curious to know the story. Someone must have popularized empanadas in Indonesia. -
#indonesianfood #nyfood #nycfood #nyceeeeeats #nyceats #foodnyc #nycfoodie #newyorkeats #eatupnewyork #eatingnyc #eatsofnyc #eaterny #yelpqueens #itsinqueens #eatqueens
Occasionally I email you when I post a new article or if I have a question for my readers.